SHORT FACTS ABOUT
- Marble comes from the Greek word “marmar” and means “to glisten” or “shining stone”.
- Marble is one of the most durable stones in the world.
- Marble is used for other purposes that building and furniture. For example, in some cultures the fine marble powder was used as toothpaste and glue.
- Marble is unique. No marble piece has the same pattern.
- Some Egyptian pyramids are covered in marble and thousands of years many pyramids was gleaming white.
- “Faux marble” is a wall painting technique. It’s a way to imitate the color and the patterns of real marble.
- The Taj Mahal of India is made entirely using marble stone.
- Marble is resistant against heat and is therefore often used (in interior) in hot climates to
cool down rooms.
Photo cred: Be Home